The new TR12 rear derailleur is able to provide a quiet and accurate ride over the roughest trails. The key feature to this pursuit is the Hall Lock. During the Race season, lead mechanic for Intense Factory Racing, John Hall, noticed excessive movement around the b-knuckle when riding over rough rock gardens and in tracked out corners. This was leading to more chain skipping and slapping creating possible variances in shifting. This inspired John’s idea to lock the B-knuckle to the bike’s derailleur hanger. TRP engineers worked closely with Hall to create this feature, The Hall Lock.
TRP engineers looked at the cable release lever’s ergonomics and devised a system to move it in a linear path to mimic the motion of a rider’s thumb, rather than rotating it away. This unique positioning allows for a more consistent contact patch providing overall better grip and shifting performance when the trail gets rowdy.
• Hall Lock
• G-Spec Ratchet Clutch
• G-Spec finishing touches:
• Carbon fiber cage & Upper link
• Extra wide parallelogram pivot
• Sealed cartridge bearings pulleys
• Enhanced grip & tactile feel built into lever paddles: embossed grooves on advance and release lever
• Carbon fiber upper housing & advance lever position with brake lever
• Ball bearing equipped